Thursday, February 22, 2007

post ash wednesday

So spring is finally here - hurrah! Although the color that accompanies it is delayed, the sunshine and warmth will suffice.

I was able to duck out of work 'early' (odd that I consider 4:30 early when I start at 6:50 or so, with minimal breaks) and finally got back on the greenbelt. It was nice to get a good ride in again; although unfortunately no water below twin falls - last months rains have drained or run off. The ride was good; the terrain semi-barren; and the weather perfect. I finished after sunset so the last several miles transitioned from low light dusk to pitch blacksingletrack through wooden canopies; always a fun experience.

So early work today and then I get to judge the local AISD / Austin Energy run science fair. I got assigned Environmental & Transportation for the Junior division (7th Grade). So it will be refreshing to get out of the office and interact with the community and be able to contribute. It's much better than being stuck in an office all day plodding along on all my regular jobs.

So i'll head home; transition to my surly 1x1 (bike), and ride over to the parmer events center where i will interact with participant, judges (usually 10yrs older or more than I), and the mass of attendees in general. after that its shopping for a friend's birthday party tonight (i thinki'm going to make bourbon pot pies) and then relaxing.

enjoy the best day of the week,

jeff

No comments: