Monday, June 4, 2007

So another weekend gone; And summer continues to fast approach.

Fairly productive overall. Friday was a great day of work (which didn't seem at all like a Friday because of the short work week and associated busyness) followed by an evening of relaxing by the pool and reading with an evening birthday party thrown in for fun.

Futbol started up again on Saturday and I was rewarded by being placed in goal against the top team in our division. Despite my efforts we were bested 5 goals to 3; which wasn't too bad. We played well enough despite being a man down the whole match with no girl subs. Plus the fact that it was the first 'real' summer afternoon I can remember (read scorching hot sun). Needless to say the afternoon was full of pool relaxing and little movement. A Moroccan supper and annual diablo luau rounded out a full evening of fun. There's nothing quite like a fully diverse party: age, demographic, background, etc... especially when you show up halfway into it.

Yesterday was a day of early waking, cooking, and relaxing. All combined with me finally finishing painting my bathroom. Its the detailed edge work that I am quite fond of, but takes forever. So the day was a good mix of watching the Cubs finally win; household improvement; stock making; and reading.

Now yet another week. It is the time of the year when I slowly develop my summer schedule and begin to implement my goals for the year. Should be fun.

No comments: